Thursday 7 June 2018

Applications and you!

Tournament season is going! Hooray!

Here's a couple of things I've noticed that seem worth flagging:

Do not answer 'no' or N/A when asked for references

If you say 'no I can't provide references', you're basically saying that there is NO ONE you've worked with who is willing to back you as an official. NO ONE IS GOING TO STAFF YOU. There are many many people you can ask for references (and make you sure ask them, it's polite): your league HR/HNSO, local officials you work with (even at scrims), people like that. But, for the love of zeebs, put someone down!

Provide a CV

Yes I know, filling it in sucks or whatever. But fill it in! Otherwise tourament heads can't get an idea of the kind of stuff you do.

Please provide something!

I love giving opportunities to newer officials! But help me to help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment